Blogging?

Oh I said I would never do this. I mean who has time for blogging anyways? Taking care of a baby, washing an endless amount of bottles, and trying to keep my house somewhat presentable is flat out exhausting. But I've had this voice in the back of my head for a while now (it could just be my sleep deprivation talking) that I need an outlet. 

Just this month I did something that I've never done before. I didn't go back to school/work. Ever since I was five years old, August has been a month of new beginnings. New teacher, new class, new lunchbox, and new spiral notebooks. I will have to say that while I browse through Target, which happens more than I will ever admit, it is strange to pass by the school supplies section and know that I don't need any of it. Nope. Because this year I'm doing something new. Something I've never done before, but it's something that I always knew that I wanted to do. I'm staying home. So in a way, I am having a new beginning but just in a way that I never had before. 

In March when we had baby Lola, I knew that life would be different . But really, like any new mom, I had no idea. Who knew that one 8 lb 10.5 oz baby would ever change so much of who I am and what I do? I didn't. I thought motherhood would be the glamorous life of yoga pants and leisurely stroller rides. Yea right. I call the day a success if I can take a shower change clothes and brush my teeth. So far, today is a success! And I didn't realize how much I would miss talking to someone that could actually talk back. Lo talks. A lot. And she's found this "outside voice" which was super adorable at first but now it gives me such a headache. She can't talk back though, nor can she understand what I'm saying. I had no idea how much I enjoyed conversations until I didn't have anyone close by to have them with. I even miss the talks I had with my second graders last year! 

So even though you can't "talk back" on a blog --- or maybe you can? I guess you could leave a comment or something --- this is my outlet. This is where I will share stories about Lola, joys and struggles in life, and hopefully more than either of those I will write about God's goodness of how He has given me the opportunity to be Lola's momma. Which, in my opinion, is the best job I've ever had! 

So I hope you are encouraged and challenged by this blog. And most importantly, I hope I remember to actually do this blog. 

Happy Friday everyone! 

I'll be back during another one of Lola's naps...

Comments

  1. And you will put pics of Miss Lola on the blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that feeling!!! I'm working part time this year. When I'm home all day with Kinleigh by myself, I'm about 90% "I love this!" and 10% "I NEED A GROWNUP!!!" Glad you are getting to be with your girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool to read and to see what you're up to while you're miles and miles away from me! I miss you and I am looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts