Come to me all who are weary...

As a momma, it hurts your heart when your baby is sick. Lola had a rough couple of days cutting her second tooth. She had a fever, was pretty fussy, and was overall just not herself.
Miss Lola is a great baby. For the most part, she always has an adorable smile on her face and is pretty content with whatever our day may hold. She is always on the go. My mom and I joke that Lola always has to be moving something. Lately she started tapping her little foot which is ridiculously cute, and she really doesn't enjoy being held unless whoever is holding her is walking too.
While I was pregnant, I had dreams of cuddling my baby while listening to music or watching TV, but that is not my Lola. I'm hoping that she will grow into being a cuddler, though. I'm convinced that if I try it enough, eventually she will have to give in.

But with the way she felt with that tooth, she was acting like a different baby. She crawled to me on the floor and would tap me on the leg until I picked her up. Then once she was in my arms, she wouldn't let me put her down. She wouldn't nap in her crib. Well... she would for about 15 minutes then would wake up in a pretty terrible mood. So I spent a whole bunch of time in our rocking just holding her while she slept. While I hated that she was sick and didn't feel well, I LOVED LOVED LOVED snuggling my baby.
I love that she wants me when she doesn't feel well and that she knows I'll comfort her and take care of her. It shows me that she loves me and that she wants to be close to me.

I know I've said it before on here, but being a parent has taught me so much about my relationship with the Lord. And as I was rocking Lola one morning, this verse came to my mind:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Lola was weary and burdened, and she came to me because she knew that I wouldn't turn her away. She knew that I would comfort her. 
I so wish that Lola would come to me, sit with me, and cuddle with me even when she wasn't weary. I wish that I would have some Lola snuggles all throughout the day. Now granted, I probably wouldn't get a thing done around the house, but I would be ok with it.  :)

It's really easy for me to go to God when I'm weary. When I am broken, I turn to Him quickly. I want to sit with Him, and I want Him to fix me. But I'm sure that just as I desire that sweet time with Lola each day no matter her circumstances, God desires that time with me every day. I should want that time with Him because He is my Father. He created me, knows me, and has plans for me. I should seek Him whether I feel in complete control and on top of the world or whether I'm in the lowest valley and in deep trouble. My circumstances and the way I feel should not determine if I will go to Him. I am His, therefore He is all the more worthy of my time and attention.

I believe the Lord is pleased when His children go to Him. As we sit with Him, His heart becomes so full. 
I know this because my heart fills when my child comes to me. 



Comments

Popular Posts