Um… Where's my paycheck?

We are at that really awful stage in life where Lola is transitioning out of two naps and into one. It's miserable, y'all. And selfishly I've been putting it off for weeks because I LOVE two naps. Lola has never really been much of a good napper in the first place. She takes 2 semi-decent naps, and I fear that when she goes down to 1 nap, it will be 1 semi-decent nap and I will never have quiet time again. Do you hear what I'm saying? Like I need a second to myself.
Love you, Lola. Totally do. But go to sleep.

Right now we just finished an embarrassingly long battle of Lola yet again fighting her nap, because apparently she thinks that sleeping for 15 minutes in the car is a sufficient amount of rest for today. I however do not. I stood my ground. I was firm. I did what the book says to do. Now the battle is over,  and this is what I'm looking at…



Yes, that is a dirty fork. No, I do not care. And maybe before this she was walking around with a bottle of mouthwash, and maybe before that I turned to find her while I was washing dishes and she was chugging my tea out of a straw.
Do. Not. Care.
I'm over today a little bit. A lot a bit.

I just came back on Monday from an extended stay with my family in Texas, and it was wonderful. My mom took off work, so for 10 days I was never really alone with Lola. It was so nice to tag team let my mom assume all responsibilities. I was spoiled to no end. Thank you so much mom!!! Please come visit soon!!! But now I am back in Illinois where apparently we have entered the rainy season, and it is near impossible to go to any form of park or play area or even my backyard with my beautiful new deck that my husband surprised me with while I was gone, because the flood is coming again. I wonder if I should start sketching out an ark just in case. You can never be too prepared.

Yes, I'm thankful for the rain. It is good for the grass and plants and weeds and things, but come on. Enough. We want to leave the house and get out of the car!! And yes, I could go play in the rain with Lola. But no. I don't do that. If you do that, could you come pick up Lola for a bit? She would love it!

I'm complaining. I totally get it. But I'm not going to apologize.

It is a complete and total blessing that I get to stay home with Lola all the time. And I will tell anyone that I talk to that the stage she is in right now is the absolute most fun. I love watching her explore, learn new words, and accomplish something new on her own. It is literally a blast! But it is also literally exhausting.

Being a SAHM (even to one) is super hard. I give all my energy to make sure Lola is fed, clean, entertained, and she will still kick me and scream in my face while I'm trying to wipe poop off of her. It's like she wants it there. And I feel like I clean my house all day every day and you honestly cannot tell. I'm moving all the time. Well, except for right now as I'm sitting on the couch writing this blog basically playing fetch with my daughter with a golf ball.
Don't judge me.

It's hard. And I don't get paid. I should get paid. A lot. But I don't.

The reward is in what I mentioned earlier. Watching her grow. It's beautiful and fun and so refreshing. Watching her eyes light up in amazement as she watches me crack open and scramble an egg. She thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever see. Watching her climb up the stairs and go down the slide by herself like a big girl. Seeing her pointing to and saying "balloon" and me having no idea who or what taught her that. It was probably Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Educational. Hearing her laugh as my husband chases her around and around our house. Me asking her to go pick up something, and she knows exactly what I'm talking about and knows exactly where it is. It's amazing! She learns so quickly and is learning so much! She is always busy, and it's a joy to experience it all.

But seriously, I should get paid for this.

Pat yourselves on the back, mommas of the world! What you're doing is hard. And you're doing great!

Comments

Popular Posts