2014 Review

I'm never good at these things. I have a terrible memory. My husband, on the other hand, can remember the tiniest detail from every single event in history. The story that I can tell in 4 minutes takes him an hour.

2014 has been a great year, from what I can remember anyway :) In some ways, I feel our lives have changed so much, and then in others, it all feels the same. Which I'm ok with. I love having something constant during all the craziness.

Speaking of craziness - this blog post will probably be crazy. I'm going to try to put these events in chronological order. But let's be serious. That's impossible for me. So here is a random compilation of 2014 for the Parises. I know you're on the edge of your seat…

- We survived the absolute coldest winter in the history of cold winters. I don't think I've ever experienced cold like this. When my phone says that it "feels like -34*", that's just totally unacceptable. There was one stretch where we didn't leave the house for seven days. SEVEN DAYS!! It was ridiculous. Some days I would leave the house just to drive through McDonald's to get a sweet tea. We would be out of the house for a total of 9 minutes, but it was still out of the house. What did make the winter a tad more bearable was this adorable snowsuit that we found for Lola on sale at Baby Gap. (Sidenote - I only buy things on sale at Baby Gap. Always.) She was so adorable in it, we forgot that our noses were freezing off!



- LOLA TURNED ONE. That's just crazy to me. We actually kept a child alive for a whole year!



- We played outside. I'm not an outside person. My mother can attest to that. But Lola LOVES being outside. She would live outside if we would let her, and there are some days when I seriously consider it. Just kidding. Kind of kidding. But this girl loves the grass and flowers and leaves and she wants to touch them all. She grew to enjoy her little blow up pool, and when we would venture out into a real pool, she had no interest for being in her infant float. She wanted to be free. Soon enough, sweet girl.




- CANCUN! Y'all, we went on the best vacation this summer with our friends. We've never vacationed with another couple before, and we don't regret a second of it. Jason and Katie have been amazing to us this year. A complete and total blessing. It was such a blast to get away with them for a bit without our babies. Joe had someone to play golf with, and I had one of my best friends to go to the pool, spa, and chat with. We got to zipline, play with dolphins, and we got some amazing videos of Joe and Jason attempting the Flow Rider. It was seriously perfection.

 



- My baby turned into a toddler. I'm not sure when it happened. One day, she just looked bigger. Right before I took this picture, I turned to look at her and thought, "Holy cow, she looks grown." It made me so sad and happy at the same time. I miss those adorable chubby baby cheeks, but I can't wait for the adventures ahead.



- My cousin had a baby! I was so happy when I found out that my cousin Laura was pregnant! Lola and I were in Texas soon after she had the baby, so we were able to head up to Oklahoma to meet sweet Elliot. Elliot had some small complications after delivery, so when we got up there we were one of the first people to hold her. I was the first out of my cousins to hold her, which I always like to remind them about :) And we were also there when Elliot got to come home. Below is a picture of me and my cousin Laura with our babies. This is reality, people!



- Joe and Jason built a deck. Before Lola and I headed down to Texas during August, Joe and our friend, Jason, started working on a deck in our back yard. Ever since we moved into our house, Joe and I have talked/dreamed about having a deck in our yard, so it was so fun to see our dream become a reality. When Lola and I left for Texas, only the posts were up, and we had talked about finishing the deck at some point after we had returned. Well when we got back, IT WAS FINISHED! And it's awesome! Hallelujah! We are so excited to take advantage of this!!



- Whole 30/ Green Smoothie Challenge. During July, I did the Simple Green Smoothie 30 Day challenge, and during August, I did Whole 30. I eat like crap, people. All the time. I love sweet tea and chicken nuggets and brownies. For those two months, I switched up my diet (in different ways), and I felt amazing. Lola loves the green smoothies too! I'm excited to try something like this again in 2015!



-WE ARE PREGNANT! Well apparently, Whole 30 makes you very fertile. I was not aware of this. Ha! It took us about 9 months to get pregnant with Lola, so I was expecting the same with this one. Welp - 2 months after going off my pill and 1 month after Whole 30, I was looking at a positive pregnancy test. We were terrified and thrilled!



- Fall in Illinois. We enjoyed fall to the fullest this year. We went to the Morton Pumpkin Festival where we ate entirely too much pumpkin ice cream, and we also went to Tanner's Apple Orchard several times where Lola got to eat her own mini-apple, drink apple cider, and play on the playground with our friends! It was such a fun time of year!!




- MINNIE MOUSE. Lola was Minnie Mouse for Halloween and was totally adorable!



- JOE FINISHED SCHOOL! My husband is a doctor. Holy cow. I cannot tell you how many hours and how much money (he could tell you) we put into this doctorate, but we both agree that it was worth it! I am one crazy proud wife!!



- A GIRL! A GIRL! Baby Paris #2 is a girl! We can't wait to meet this sweet, nameless girl in May! Lola is going to have a sister!!



- Christmas in Texas. We made the long drive to Dallas for Christmas, and it was totally worth it. I love love love this time of year. And Lola's picture with Santa is the icing on the cake!





2014, you were amazing and you wore us out. Bring it, 2015. We're ready for ya!

Comments

Popular Posts